Instead of throwing away your children’s Halloween candy, find a way to pass on locally and help someone in the process. Maybe it will make it less painful to part with the candy?
- Betsy Sawyer collects candy for her outreach with the homeless. Kbjsaw@hotmail.com (fyi she also takes bikes, clothing, blankets, flashlights, etc.she can meet at walgreens parking lot)
- Churches on the Streets STL – is collecting for the homeless you can drop off donations at Wang Gang in Edwardsville. Look for the barrel – you can also donate seasonal items. The ministry serves mostly men, they are in need of barely used coats, hats, gloves, scarves, and new socks. The link contains the facebook page.
- Operation Christmas Child – the American Heritage girls are assembling over 200 shoeboxes to be sent to children overseas. They could use any candy that will not melt. Please contact Aimee Folmer for pickup firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From last year need to verify – Associated Pediatric Dentistry – They will pay $1 per pound, up to $5. And it goes to Operation Gratitude- helping the Military. Ends November 8th. Their new office is right by Meridian Village in Glen Carbon – 116 Magnolia Drive, Glen Carbon, Illinois 62065 Phone : 618-288-(KIDS) or 618-288-5437. Note candy and toothbrushes will be sent overseas.
- from last year need to verify – BauerHite Orthodontics
After collecting all of that Halloween candy, don’t forget to donate the extra! We will pay you $1 per pound for all of your leftover candy!! All candy will be sent overseas to our serving troops! (may be pound limit)
- Glen – Ed Food Pantry
- AR store at woodlands
- Lots of people collect for Veteran’s
- Check with your dentist or orthodontist
- Stay tuned – I’ll update as I hear more.