Is your basement overflowing with stuff you keep meaning to get rid of? Skip the hassle of a garage sale and bring your quality reusable clothing and household items to the parking lot of Madison Mutual Insurance. Metro East Humane Society Donation Drive.
Saturday, April 16, 9am – noon, Madison Mutual Insurance parking lot, 1 Mutual Court, Edwardsville. The Savers store in Fairview Heights will have trucks ready to collect donations. You receive a tax receipt and Metro East Humane Society benefits as well. The money raised will be used to help care for homeless dogs and cats in our shelter.
More about Savers
Are you looking to donate some of your excess Easter candy? Maybe you can’t pass up a 90% off deal at the store? Please contact Betsy Sawyer at Kbjsaw@hotmail.com. She is a volunteer for several homeless outreach programs.
Edwardsville EHS EPIC students are collecting gently used purses and drawstring bags for the homeless. They also need items to fill the bags – Non perishable food (snack size cheese crackers, granola bars, bags of nuts, slim-jims, trail mix, raisins, fruit cups, etc) travel size shampoo, feminine hygiene products, toothbrushes/toothpaste, soap & deodorant, card/travel size games. Collection Ends April 22nd.
Stop by the Home and Garden show this Saturday at MEHS – to drop off the following items to recycle / donate:
- MERS Goodwill accepting donations (no TVs, CRT Monitors, Mattresses, Box Springs, large appliances or chemicals)
- Scott Credit Union sponsored on-site shredding (Shred It) 10-2 Saturday)
- Drop-off site for the Shoeman Water Project
Shoes should be (new or used) without holes in them, rubber-band pairs together or tie them together. All shoes are going to benefit the shoeman water projects.
The home and garden show is a major fund-raiser for MELHS. The Bank of Edwardsville is the main sponsor for the show.
Please donate your old Prom dress to Junior Service Club –
Every girl should feel like a princess on that special day…Prom!
The JSC Boutique provides formal wear to girls who could not otherwise afford to attend their Prom. Through donations of new and gently used formal dresses and accessories, we are able to “Turn Dresses into Dreams” for Junior and Senior high school girls. The JSC Prom Dress Boutique provides an unforgettable and amazing experience. From the moment a princess dances through our doors they are greeted with an environment of kindness and respect.
We make a commitment that each girl will be treated with kindness and respect from each volunteer from the moment she enters the JSC Boutique. She will not only leave with a beautiful dress, but also with a renewed confidence in herself.
JSC Prom Dress Boutique
Looking for something for your teens to do over the holidays? Have them clean out their closets! Help the Illinois JusticeCorps celebrate the 2016 MLK Day of Service by donating new and gently used clothing for children ages 12-17 in the Foster Care Program!!!
Donation Collection will begin December 1,2015 through January 10, 2016.
Items Needed: Shoes, socks, underwear, T-shirts, sweatshirts, long sleeve shirts, hats, jackets, coats, gloves, jeans, personal hygiene items, and book bags.
Where: Madison County Courthouse
155 N. Main St.
Edwardsville, IL 62025
A collection box will be next to the information desk in the courthouse.
The Madison County Circuit Court Supports this project.
Both Liberty and Lincoln Middle Schools will be collecting new toys and non perishable food for the their annual drive.
FIT and GO students have wrapped boxes in preparation for the annual toy and food drive. Please consider sending in new, unwrapped toys and non-perishable food items. Donations will be accepted November 30 through December 11. Thank you for supporting our local families.
On November 14th, Scouts distributed bags in local communities to collect canned food for local food pantries. The Scouts are asking residents to fill these bags with canned food and place them by their front doors before 9 a.m. on November 21st, so that the Scouts can collect them.
Instead of throwing away your children’s Halloween candy, find a way to pass on locally and help someone in the process. Maybe it will make it less painful to part with the candy?
- Betsy Sawyer collects candy for her outreach with the homeless. Kbjsaw@hotmail.com (fyi she also takes bikes, clothing, blankets, flashlights, etc.she can meet at walgreens parking lot)
- Churches on the Streets STL – is collecting for the homeless you can drop off donations at Wang Gang in Edwardsville. Look for the barrel – you can also donate seasonal items. The ministry serves mostly men, they are in need of barely used coats, hats, gloves, scarves, and new socks. The link contains the facebook page.
- Operation Christmas Child – the American Heritage girls are assembling over 200 shoeboxes to be sent to children overseas. They could use any candy that will not melt. Please contact Aimee Folmer for pickup email@example.com.
- From last year need to verify – Associated Pediatric Dentistry – They will pay $1 per pound, up to $5. And it goes to Operation Gratitude- helping the Military. Ends November 8th. Their new office is right by Meridian Village in Glen Carbon – 116 Magnolia Drive, Glen Carbon, Illinois 62065 Phone : 618-288-(KIDS) or 618-288-5437. Note candy and toothbrushes will be sent overseas.
- from last year need to verify – BauerHite Orthodontics
After collecting all of that Halloween candy, don’t forget to donate the extra! We will pay you $1 per pound for all of your leftover candy!! All candy will be sent overseas to our serving troops! (may be pound limit)
- Glen – Ed Food Pantry
- AR store at woodlands
- Lots of people collect for Veteran’s
- Check with your dentist or orthodontist
- Stay tuned – I’ll update as I hear more.
Got Candy? Pass it on.
The Cyclery and Fitness Center in Edwarsville is now collecting shoes and monetary donations for the non profit organization Soles4Souls! The amount of people without access to shoes is staggering so why not help them out? Bring in any unwanted shoes whether it be heels or worn out running shoes. This fundraiser runs from today until November 30th. Contact the Edwardsville location with any questions or go to https://soles4souls.org/